aid of Woodland School
in association with
Sunday 2 Sep 2012
11h00 - 15h00
Once again the Cellar Rats Spring Wine Festival
will be held in Magaliesberg at “The Old Mill”, on the banks of the picturesque Magalies River, approx.
35 minutes from Jhb’s Northern Suburbs.
Over 1600 wine tasters, 250 designated drivers & 250 kids attended
the 2010 annual Spring Wine Festival, and there was plenty of room for more!
This includes Jumping castle and
selected supervised entertainment – Other supervised children’s
activities may be available at an additional fee on a "per ride" basis
Picnic Baskets & food -
Designated drivers get in free
Accommodation available in Magaliesberg
Relax and enjoy huge shady trees, lush
green grass and an abundance of birdlife, while your kids have fun in the
The Spring Wine Festival boasts over 110 wine producers participating
and more than 600 wines available for tasting.
& Producers confirmed so far ...
Alvi's Drift Wines International
Sumaridge Wine Estate
The Beachhouse Wines
Beau Belle Wines
Lazanou Organic Vineyards
The Goose Wines
Black Pearl Wines
LovanE Boutique Wine Estate
Vergenoegd Wine Estate
McGregor Wine Company
Vrede en Lust
Morgenster Wine & Olive Estate
Concha y Toro
Org de Rac Organic Wines
Painted Wolf Wines
Wildekrans Wine Estate
Peter Bayly Wines
Elbows Up Deli and Cheese KitchN
Zandvliet Wine Estate
• Jumping Castles & Supervised Entertainment for children
will be available
• Refreshments & food will be on sale
• In support of the school fundraising,
no cooler boxes,
braais or picnic baskets will be allowed. Book your
Adult, Vegetarian or Kiddies picnic baskets in advance through
The school also sells other food such as BLT rolls, beef prego
rolls, chicken prego rolls, boerewors rolls, salad platters,
etc). There is tuck shop for cold drinks, crisps, sweets,
chocolates, ice cream etc., as well as a coffee stand.
R190 for 2 adults; 1 child R35.50
(Please note: No wine is included in the picnic basket -
/ Call centre 083 915 8000
The Spring Wine
Festival is held in aid of the Woodland Preparatory School in
Magaliesberg. It is an outdoor festival and is held on a large country
estate in the countryside of Magaliesberg, approximately 40 minutes
drive from Johannesburg
Lush green lawn, trees to sit
under and a river to stroll along!
Our emphasis is on tasting South Africa's best wines
in a tranquil outdoor setting. To this end, more than 110 wine
producers will present in excess of 600 wines for the adult tasters
enjoyment. This is a family festival, with supervised entertainment
for children whilst the parents relax and enjoy the wines in the
It is a relaxing, fun family day and you can enjoy
wine as it was meant to be enjoyed! Relax and enjoy huge shady trees,
lush green grass and an abundance of birdlife, while your kids have
fun in the great outdoors! Jumping Castles & Supervised Entertainment
for children will be available.
At our inaugural festival in 2001, Cellar Rats Wine Club
introduced the policy that Designated Drivers get in free. To our
knowledge we are still the only wine festival who offers this to our
included in the entrance fee are use of the jumping castle,
water-slide, and selected supervised entertainment, arranged by
Happy Acres. Additional activities/rides will be available at an
additional fee per ride, payable at the ride.
Drop off facility for disabled at main entrance by prior arrangement
In support of the school fundraising, we regret no cooler boxes,
picnic baskets or braais will be allowed in - Refreshments & food will
be on sale. Blankets, chairs & sun umbrellas are welcome.
Should festival goers wish to stay in Magaliesburg on the Saturday
and / or Sunday evenings, there are a number of establishments who support our "don't drink
and drive" initiative.
Accommodation available in Magaliesberg
From Johannesburg Northern Suburbs
1. Take Beyers Naude (ex-DF Malan) north past Honeydew.
2. Take the N14 highway (extension of R28), towards Krugersdorp
3. At traffic lights turn RIGHT onto the N14.
4. Follow N14 for 10km until T-junction (opp. Oak Tree Garage).
5. Turn RIGHT and follow for +/- 10km and then turn LEFT on MAROPENG
6. Continue for approx 10km until stop street.
7. Turn right onto R24.
8. Follow R24 for 3km (you’ll pass Orient Butchery on right hand side
and Corriloch Fish Farm on left hand side).
9. Look for “PARKING” signs on right hand side of road as you go
through sharp bend (opposite Happy Acres).
10. Turn right into PARKING. Park and follow directions to CELLAR RATS
SPRING WINE FESTIVAL
11. GPS Coordinates: S26° 00.485’ , E27° 33.913’
1. Take R28 towards Krugersdorp (This becomes the N14). Follow from
Step 3 above.
What people have said about
previous Cellar Rats' Spring Wine
WOW !!!! What a wonderful Spring Wine Festival !!!
Thanks so much - Had a stunning day - Daphne & Ken
- Thanks to everyone involved in organising and running this year’s
Spring Wine Festival, it was brilliant! This event is definitely one
that’s growing and becoming part of the wine calendar. At the rate it’s
going, and growing, a bigger venue is gonna be needed! -Thanks again -
Tim & Jules
- This has become an annual event not to be missed. Well done. Cheers,
Dave Moss (The Berrio, Joubert-Tradauw, Tamboerskloof)
- I did enjoy the day so much and was very impressed with the whole
day - My first time, but if possible definitaly not the last time.
From Cornel Douglas (Overhex Wines)
- Thank you for inviting me , it is such a beautiful venue.
Xxx J-Luc (MC Square)
- A thank you to the Cellar Rats committee and team that made the Wine
Festival such a success. It was a pleasure being there and thanks for
all the hard work in arranging the day and we appreciate the
opportunity. Keep up the good work! Heather (Five Oceans)
- Once again thank you for a well organised event. Hope that you have
recovered after so much work! Tamara (Meridian Wine merchants)
- Just wanted to thank and congratulate all of you on a very fine day.
It went off very well and the weather was great. Kind regards, Martin
Meinert (Meinert Wines)
- I have had very good feedback. Congratulations. The only festival
that seems to get better every year and that the exhibitors can also
enjoy. Thanks, Cathy (Villiera)
- Hi There Jeanette, Terry and all at Cellar Rats. To those who worked
so hard again this year – thank you so much. A great day, well organized
and much appreciated. Again this year it was a great pleasure to work
with such a dedicated, helpful and friendly bunch of people. Well done!
Kind regards Cheryl (Graham Beck Wines)
- Thanks to you all for organising a great day, we certainly enjoyed
it and feel that we really benefit from being there. We had a great
response and easily finished our twelve bottle allocation of bubbly (and
I poured as frugally as I could!) plus other wines. We need more
country/family orientated festivals like this. See you next year.Regards,
Mark Harrison (Klein Constantia and Villiera)
- A big thank you to you and your team for another great show. Again
it was well organised and well attended, and the weather performed
particularly well. Please reserve the same spot for us next year - folks
actually came looking for us there. Thanks again, Roger, Dawn, Craig
and Marlene (Savingnac de Versailles Pot Still Brandies)
- Thanks for organizing the landing area, although we were only there
for a short while your guys were great in directing us. The event was
fantastic and would have loved to stay longer. Kind regards, Steve
Maresch, The Local Grill Restaurant
- On behalf of the Porterville Winery I wish to thank you and your
hardworking team for a wonderful day on Sunday. Nothing was too much
bother and everyone was very helpful. This was the first time we have
participated in this event and thank you for accommodating us. The event
was very well organized and supported and a good platform to introduce
Porterville Winery to the Gauteng public. If possible, we would be very
interested in presenting our wines to the club at some future date in
your calendar. Again, thank you for your assistance - Kind regards
- Graham Sandilands
- This year was my first time at the spring festival and I enjoyed it
immensely. I will definitely be coming again - Lara de Matos
- It really was a great day! - Amanda
- Sunday was a very good day at the Spring Wine Festival! - David
- What a day - it was fabulous. Definitely won't miss the next one -
will promise to plan our holiday around this event in future ! -
- A HUGE thank you to you and the whole Cellar Rats team that made the
Wine Festival such a huge success on Sunday! It was a pleasure being
there and you will surely see Waterford again next year. Thanks for all
your hard work in arranging the day and we appreciate the opportunity.
Keep up the good work! - Eunéne S (Waterford)
- Thank you for a very enjoyable festival on Sunday. It really was a
very pleasant way of spending the day. - Mark T
- Jeanette and the team, well done for an awesome wine festival. Hope
you did well and plenty of ammo! Congratulations to all. Bon Cap were
very happy with their launch and I am looking forward to seeing how
people react to the organic wine. - Dave M
- It was a fantastic day. I think this is quite an achievement. Well
Done! - Carmen & Chris
- On behalf of all the Distell wines which attended yesterday's show,
a BIG thank you for a really lovely day out and a well organised show. -
- Thanks for a SUPERB day - it was great fun. - Ken & Daphne
- Well - all I can say is bravo! I am still on a high today (& it's
not from the red wine!!). As you are masters at event management, we are
most fortunate in having people like you to put together the Cellar Rats
Spring Wine Festival. Thank you for a wonderful day!
- Gail M
- To all involved WELL DONE & Thank You for a wonderful day. - Mike
- Did you get <a pic of> the Madonna with the big boobies ? - Paul
- Again this year I write a special note of thanks to you and your
team for all the effort and hard work that you guys put into making the
Cellar Rats Spring Wine Festival the success that it was. It was
fun to be part of the whole sunny scene and our Graham Beck Wines did
well. What was also great to see were the new faces that kept on coming
up to our table – not to mention the committee members who were sooooo
good at making sure that we all were well and truly looked after. Well
done to you all - Cheryl L (Graham Beck Wines)
- Cheers & nice to have been part of such a success. It's going to be
a hard act to follow!
- Chris C
- Thank you for a lovely day yesterday, where I am sure everyone had a
lot of fun, and you couldn't ask for a sunnier day. Everything was well
organized and the team really put in a great effort and thanks for all
the help carrying and lugging our stock around
- Rita (Swartland)
- Thanks to the committee who put in a huge amount of work and staged
a brilliant event yesterday. Everything went like clockwork. Not a queue
to speak of anywhere. Good food, great wine, music, lots of fun for
everyone - Tim & Jules J
- Well done to the committee and the "farm folk" for putting together
a superb day - Rudi H